Monday, January 23, 2012

Be Bold By Michael Davidson

My struggle with my faith isn't my faith. My struggle is being able to verbalize it. There's been times I've wrote blogs, and its not a struggle for me to do so, and I've gotten messages from people and had people come up to me and say "thank you for that." That feeling knowing that your words have touched someone, not necessarily to the point of salvation, but just got them more curious, makes your insides smile.1 Timothy 3:13 Those who do well as deacons will be rewarded with respect from others and will have increased confidence in their faith in Christ Jesus. A few months ago Brother Clay preached at church to be a good steward of the good deposit and I feel like I have been to an extent. I'm always inviting people to church, I'm always posting my blogs for everyone to see, I'm always in the prayer line at church for those who need it, but sometimes it takes more than that. I read my bible, granted sometimes it comes from www.crosswalk.com with my schedule, but regardless if its an electronic copy or on paper, its still the word of God and I make time for it. I'm no expert and I've not read it enough to know what chapter and verse my scripture can be found in but I know what it says and I know its there. When I find a good scripture that sticks out to me I post it on my blog (I started my own; hewhoisinme.blogspot.com if you would like to read it) The other day I posted a scripture I was reading from Matthew (7:21 - I couldn't remember it last night for the life of me) that says pretty much, just calling out the Lord's name isn't going to get you to Heaven. You have to do his work and serve him that way intended. A few weeks ago I was being prayed for and I let up. It wasn't until then that I realized how my shy, quiet actions really hinder my ability to serve the Lord. I made a promise to myself and to Him that day that I wouldn't let it happen anymore, and I haven't. Yesterday morning in church I had someone on my mind and I had this feeling to go pray for them. I wasn't sure if it was just me or if I should seriously get up from my seat and go over to them, so I ignored it. At last night's service that person was still on my mind and it wasn't just my mind. It was a message from God. I need to be more bold and confident in the messages I receive if I want to be able to deliver it to anyone else. I went to ask for prayer for boldness, for confidence, for the ability to find the words to speak but I couldn't find the words to ask for. I didn't know what to say, but I guess at that time I didn't need to because He did. I prayed through pretty good last night and I'm not gonna lie, my knees will probably still crumble, my voice will probably still shake, I'll have sweaty palms but I'll say it anyway. If I want to be that good steward of the good deposit I can't let my fear of all eyes on me paralyze me. Sometimes all eyes have to be on you in order to get your message across. When I got home last night I had an e-mail from one of the youth members at church saying she has been there for 3 years and she's wanted more than anything to be bold and serve Him with confidence. Just remember her, remember me, and God bless. Deuteronomy 31:6 "So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment