Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tim Tebow-Standing Up For What He Believes, On His Knees.

Something that happened to me early on in the week led me to the idea of this post. While out for dinner one evening at a local restaurant our food had arrived at our table and upon taking hands and finishing grace I looked up to see two individuals laughing in our direction. It bothered me as I sat there but it also got me to thinking about all the hoopla surrounding Tim Tebow at the moment. Sometimes we will be laughed at for what we believe in but, it is also leading a lot of people to ask questions about faith. But let me assure you all. This is all good. Romans 8:28 says that in all things God is working for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. From all we can tell, Tim Tebow is a child of God. It would be seriously difficult for someone who isn't sold on his faith to make such a stand in the face of tremendous opposition. Obviously, I don't know his heart, but I can observe just like the rest of you.

1 Peter 3:15-16 says.
"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment