Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Guard Your Mind

The article I just posted got me to thinking about how easily deceived our world is becoming. In layman's terms the target has been set upon our children. I think it's important as parents that we take extra caution with what our children are involved with on a daily basis. For instance the internet, movies, games, school activities etc... When did you as a parent last sit down and take the time to look at what your children are doing on their  I-Pad's. When was the last time you listened in on a conversation your child was having with someone. You might be surprised...sad to say.

When was the last time you sat down with your child and really talked to them?

Even as an adult...recently I got to thinking about all the scary movies that were either on television or at the movies. Since I don't watch television I rent or buy movies now and to be honest I like a good scare from time to time, but nothing gruesome. I think the scariest movie I've ever seen was Jeepers Creepers and my friends laugh because they think it wasn't scary at all.  I got to thinking how important it is that I be careful in what I open myself up to. I just don't think you can truthfully be used of God in anyway if you are.

Point being just be careful and take the time to know what you and yours are into. Guard you mind...