Friday, April 20, 2012

Close the Gap/By Michael Davidson

I guess I'm quite the popular fella in the world of social media! I've had several people ask me why I deleted my Facebook page. I've heard several people say I need to learn to balance my time and its not a problem. I appreciate the fact that people miss me and have told me they miss the links to my blog and seeing my photos, etc. But I didn't delete my Facebook because of balancing my time, I deleted my Facebook because of the time in general. Whether I set aside 5 minutes of my day to check Facebook, that's 5 minutes that I could be using to spend talking to my wife. That's 5 minutes I could be using to read my bible. That's 5 minutes I could use to play with my dogs. It's not about Facebook being consuming all my time, its about Facebook consuming my time in general. Sunday, as I've blogged previously, I overheard a comment that discouraged me a little bit. I've really been pressing through lately and that comment really kinda set me back a little bit. I shouldn't have let it get to me, but I did. I've heard Clay say time and time again in discipleship class to really press through. Go to your prayer closet and become one with God if you really want to see Him move in your life. There's power in prayer and fasting and reading the word of God. Well that's what I had been doing. I was talking to Brandy earlier this week and the topic of Facebook came up. So I deleted it. Yes, I still have my twitter account. The difference in Twitter & Facebook is that all I do is update my status. There's not other pages for other people where I can spend long periods of time reading post comments, looking at photos etc. Its a cell phone app that I use to kill time on break at work. (you can follow me at @mjdx if you'd like) My friend Mandy posted on her blog earlier this week if you really want to see God move give Him your whole you. Yes, I used Facebook to witness to others at times, but I want to be in that place with God for myself before I witness to others. Like I said in a post earlier from the week, I want to speak in tongues. I want to feel that experience. I want to be able to lay hands on others and heal the sick. I've been doing it a lot lately at church. I've really been pressing through. If you want to see results, push in toward God and do it with all your heart. Now some of you non believers may be reading this and think "My goodness, Michael! You're nuts! You can't heal the sick!" Mark 6:13 says "And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them." Matthew 17:20-21 says "...If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting." I believe that with every thing in me God has the ability to do these things because that's what His word says. Revelation 22:19-18 says "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book." You may not agree with it, and that's fine. Well it's not fine, but its not up to me to make you. I can't choose eternity for you. That's between you and God. You may call me crazy and wonder what would make me just up and one day decide to give myself to God and honestly, that's not something I can really explain. Its not something there are enough words in the world to do it justice. All I know is I'm not the same me and that's all the proof I need. Not only do I have a family who needs a healing touch from God, not only do I have friends who need a salvation in their life, but I need God as well. I need His hand of protection over me each and every day. I need His caring grace and mercy. I need His love in my life. Without God we're nothing. John 15:5 tells us apart from God we can do nothing. He died for me, the least I can do is spend my time giving Him praise & worship. The least I can do is spend every ounce of spare time I have reading my word. Proverbs 18:22 says that "He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord." Family is a huge part of our lives. Spend time with them. They won't always be there. These are the days you're never going to get back. So yes, I deleted my Facebook. But what I've gained, is more time with my wife. More time with my God. Even if it is just a little bit more time than I already gave them, a little bit means a whole lot.... to all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment