Friday, July 6, 2012

I Am Redeemed By Michael Davidson

The other day I was driving down the road and I heard this song on K-Love and I immediately fell in love. I came home and had the YouTube video on repeat every second that I was home. The very next time I saw Candon at church I told her "You HAVE to learn this song!" It's Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave. I've never heard a more perfect song in all my life. Now the problem with Candon singing these songs in church is that you can never listen to the original the same ever again. I was teasing her that she completely ruins K-Love for me. All my favorite songs don't sound the same anymore. She just has this anointing on her. (Not saying that the original isn't great, but I'm a fan of my worship leader) But when I'm not at church listening to her singing it I'm at home wearing out the repeat button listening to the original. The other morning I was in the car on the way to work and I heard a little excerpt of the song and Mike Weaver (from the band) was talking about the song and he said he was tired of living for himself and he started seeing himself as Jesus does. He's redeemed! And that's so true. I've blogged before, one of the things I struggle with is my confidence. When I'm in that moment and I feel the power of God moving through me and just coming out of me I obey it. I take heed to the word and the presence of the Lord. But I have to keep my eyes closed during that worship because I'm constantly concerned with what man feels about me. The bible tells the whole way through that we shouldn't worry about man and put confidence in man but it hinders me. So I keep my eyes closed and I do what I feel lead to do. I've been blessed with the baptism of the Holy Ghost and in that moment there is nothing that can bring me down, but when its over and I open my eyes and I see all these "old timers" around me I start to doubt myself. I know I already told y'all about this in a recent post but I start to tell myself "Well, had I not been here praying for this person, they could have done it and they would have done a better job." and I need to not let that little bit of doubt seep in because once I let it in it just starts expanding like wild fire and creates even more doubt. Not doubt toward God, but doubt toward my own abilities. If I were to sit in my pew and let the old folks take care of it I probably wouldn't have those feelings but then I'd just be depressed that I disobeyed God. I'd rather fight with myself than fight with God. But like the song says there's no point in fighting a fight that's already been won. God see's me as worthy or He wouldn't lay these things on me. God see's me as the perfect fit for that moment or He would have given that feeling to go pray for that certain someone to someone else. When I heard Him say "Child lift up your head" I know He's not done with me yet! So I'll shake off these heavy chains, wipe away every stain... The devil can come at me all day every day. And I'm not gonna lie, sometimes he may get me down. There's times when all I can see is the struggle, but I am redeemed! I've been set free! I've got a hope that will carry me home! Start looking at yourself from God's point of view. See yourself through His eyes. You don't have to be the old man inside of you, his day is dead and gone. You are redeemed! If you've never heard the song, you need to hear it. There's those songs that you can relate to and those songs that remind you of your past. There's plenty songs on K-Love these days that remind you of your future, but every once in a while you get those that songs that sweep up your past, strip away your present and take you right into that everlasting life. This song does that for me. I'm not concerned with who I was yesterday and I'm not living for today. I'm living right now for eternal life. Who I am at this moment reflects where I will spend eternity. God has plans for you and I. In Jeremiah 29:11 He tells us "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." The devil's a liar. Jesus loves you. We are redeemed!